Leazes Park was Newcastle’s first public park opened in December 1873. Located behind St James Park football stadium, between Richardson Road and Barrack Road it’s an easy walk from the city centre.
There is a bowling green, tennis courts and a basketball court. Leazes Park lake has rowing boats available for hire at weekends and during school holidays.
The park is populated with well-established trees and shrubs creating a relaxing environment to walk in, away from the busy city centre.